We SHARE at work: collaboration is key to our success
Ensuring a positive onboarding experience for our new colleagues is important to us. This is why each new team member is supported by a buddy who is available to guide them around the facilities, answer questions and introduce them to their colleagues.
To amplify our tech leadership in mobility, we are convinced that lifelong learning is critical – to build innovative solutions, to deliver the best operational excellence and to develop our people and teams.
By continuously developing our employees’ skills, we prepare the future of our business, the future of our organization and the future of our employees.
At Valeo, all of our employees have the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge, whether working at an R&D site or a production site, as a manager or in production, anywhere in the world. We continuously invest in your learning for your current position and for the next one.
In 2021, our employees benefited on average from 23 hours of learning over the course of the year.
Learning@Valeo is a shared responsibility between yourself and your manager – to build the best employee learning journey.
How can you energize your skills at Valeo?
- Deepen your tech knowledge and skills with our 4 Valeo Technical Institutes in charge of developing cutting-edge learning content and programs for Valeo R&D and project teams.
- Benefit from a learning program designed and delivered by one of our 3,000 internal trainers, by our dedicated 5 Axes School (our Operational Excellence Academy), or by one of our 1,300 Valeo Experts.
- Expand your know-how with our 10 Academies developing professional competencies (purchasing, sales, IT, quality, safety, projects, industrial, HR, finance, compliance…).
- Find what you want to learn. Connect at anytime, from anywhere, to our digital learning platform MyLearning, for flexible learning journeys available to all employees.
- Share your knowledge. Connect with one of our 25 Country Learning Managers for advice. They are in charge of deploying learning experiences across the world.
- Enhance your personal impact and boost the performance of your team with the Global Leadership Academy.
For more than five years, Valeo has implemented the “Grow Together” initiative, a program for employees to benefit from an internal mentorship and allow mentees to get advice and direction about the company and its business.
We SHARE with our local communities because we are committed to social responsibility
Valeo is mindful of its impact on local environments and communities. We are committed to contributing significantly to local communities’ social and economic fabric through community initiatives, donations, employee aid and development of local human capital. Read more about our community initiatives here.
As part of its “One plant one initiative” program, Valeo sites initiate actions in favor of the environment or local populations. In 2021, many sites organized vaccination campaigns for the inhabitants of the cities in which they are present. Other sites have carried out operations to clean up their local natural habitats in order to respect biodiversity. Finally, some sites, particularly in China, have developed an action called “The Valeo Library” and make frequent donations of books to schools.